Emergency Winter Diesel Fuel Treatment
RED ALERT was designed to remedy fuel and filter gelling quickly restoring end user vehicles to normal operation.
Under severe winter conditions, diesel fuel can easily gel—restricting fuel flow to filters and engine.
Frigid temperatures can also cause water dispersed in diesel fuel to freeze and accumulate on filters. All of which results in engines that won’t start or maintain full power.
Designed by Innospec, the world’s leader in innovative fuel additives, RED ALERT remedies cold weather fuel and filter gelling issues.
Specially formulated for emergency use when fuel has gelled or fuel filters have frozen, RED ALERT quickly restores normal operation by dissolving gelled fuel and melting fuel filter ice—thereby restoring fuel flow to the engine. And when used proactively, RED ALERT prevents filter icing during extreme winter conditions and extended shutdowns.
RED ALERT Advantages:
- Reconstitutes gelled fuel
- Melts ice in the fuel system
- Removes water in the fuel system
- Inhibits fuel filter icing
- Provides corrosion protection
- Effective in all diesel fuels including ULSD, biodiesel blends, and renewable diesel blends
Product Application for Gelled Fuel and Filter Icing:
- Remove the fuel filter and add RED ALERT directly to the filter canister. Reinstall the filter.
- Add remaining Red Alert to the fuel tank at a treat rate of 32 oz. per 50 gallons of fuel.
- Allow 30-60 minutes for the additive to take effect before attempting to start the engine.
- Allow the engine to idle for 30-45 minutes to adequately warm the vehicle’s fuel system for proper operation.
Product Application for Preventative Use Prior to Severe Winter Conditions:
- Prior to shutdown add Red Alert to the fuel tank at a treat rate of 32 oz. per 50 gallons of fuel.
- Allow engine to idle for 10-15 minutes to distribute additive throughout the vehicle’s fuel system.
- Prior to normal operation, allow the engine to idle for 30-45 minutes to adequately warm the vehicle’s fuel system.
- For routine low temperature operability and water control, use Innospec’s Winterflow and DRI-TEK products.