Produced using copolymerization of ethylene with the polar co-monomer vinyl acetate, EVA-copolymer waxes offer good compatibility, flexibility and surface adhesion.
Our range of EVA waxes includes:
- Non-oxidized EVA waxes: VISCOWAX® 334, 343
- Oxidized EVA wax: VISCOWAX® 453
For use in polar plastics and water-based wax emulsions, EVA-waxes maintain required properties such as flexibility and adhesion.
Important functions of EVA-waxes:
- Adhesiveness – useful in improving stickiness
- Compatibilizer – for use in formulations with ingredients of different polarity
- Wetting & dispersing – especially for hard-to-disperse polar pigments & additives
- Flexibility – for increased mechanical stability or processability in some compounds
- Anti-slip agent – for use in floor polishes (emulsion of VISCOWAX® 453).