Optimum fuel performance in today’s high-performance engines
Containing less than 15ppm sulfur, modern ultra-low sulfur diesels (ULSD) are designed to provide a cleaner alternative to traditional fuels. However, a consequence of the desulfurization process used to remove sulfur from fuel streams is that it also has severe effects on fuel properties.
As well as affecting a fuel’s natural lubricity, conductivity and other aspects, this desulfurization process also removes nitrogen and oxygen. Without these naturally occurring components, there can be problems with a fuel’s low-temperature handling, thermal stability and corrosion potential.
When ULSD is used in modern High Pressure Fuel Injectors (HPFI) and High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) engines, thermal decomposition of the fuel can cause a variety of issues, such as filter plugging, injector fouling and diminished fuel efficiency.
Pushing ULSD to a whole new level
To address these issues, Innospec created ECOCLEAN – a line of revolutionary additives that help you extract maximum benefit from today’s modern fuels and high-tech engines.
Developed alongside OEMs (Originial Engine Manufacturer), the ECOCLEAN line helps fuel survive the stresses of advanced fuel injection systems. Whether you operate in a mine, transit authority, OTR fleet or as a waste hauler, ECOCLEAN® products will take your engine performance to a new level.
ECOCLEAN® 4200 delivers the following benefits in all diesel engines:
- Reduces cost of maintenance and downtime
- Cleans and prevents all types of injector deposits formed in high pressure common rail systems
- Prevents fuel soot and sludge formation caused by thermal stressing within the engine, thereby extending fuel filter, injector, lube oil, and fuel pump life
- Restores lost horsepower and fuel economy
- Reduces exhaust emissions and soot generation, thereby reducing DPF manual regenerations
- Provides thermal and oxidative stability, lubricity, corrosion protection, and water dispersancy
In addition, ECOCLEAN® POWER PLUS also:
- Increases Cetane number 3-5